Blog no. 1
Before I begin exploring the blog entries I have planned, I thought it was more important to familiarise myself with you as my audience. So where to start?
A little about myself!
Hello, I am Esme-Rose. I have just graduated from university with a degree in English Language and Linguistics. It had its ups and downs. One of the hardest elements of working towards a degree is trying to enhance your academic abilities while balancing the growth that takes place as a person. I found people I was once drawn to became distorted, no longer wanting me to do what is best for myself. Instead, they made it their purpose to tear apart my success by picking at my minor faults. However, I persevered and made it through to the other side. Let's just say it is warm over here.
I am an enormous animal lover, having two cats and a dog. They all alternate as my reading buddies. Though I am positive they are not aware of their shared job.
I have a passion for creative writing. Earlier this year, I put myself out there by submitting my creative writing to my university's student magazine. It was lucky enough to be accepted for publication, which can be found in the University of Kent's student magazine known as Skepsi. What led me to create this blog was the wish to broaden my skill set in writing by moving my focus beyond a creative and academic approach.
My favourite TV show of all time is Gilmore Girls. It is such a comfort show: Gilmore Girls brings me so much joy, and it always helps me through hard times. I'm sure if you have watched it and loved it, you will agree just as much. If you haven't given it a chance yet, please take this as your sign to do so. Bonus points if you begin your watch during autumn/fall. Even if you do not fall in love with the show, at least you will rid yourself of the persistent question of Is this show for me?
One was a book I read in the early years of primary school called Bella the Bunny Fairy by a collective author named Daisy Meadows. It was the first book I read on my own without guidance as a young child. The amount of pride that swelled in my chest was exhilarating. Not only did the accomplishment bring those positive emotions, but I equally enjoyed the fairytale narrative at that time.
As for my current top authors, Brigid Kemmerer, as previously mentioned, is a comfort author. Other authors who have a place in my heart are Elle Kennedy, Beth O'Leary, Suzanne Collins, Kristen Ciccarelli, Mark Lawrence, and Holly Black. A lot of them have followed me from my teenage years into my early twenties. The list will only expand with time.
One of my favourite reading apps that I will never stop talking about is Fable. The app connects you with other readers globally and overall provides such a safe, friendly community for readers. Connecting to other readers encouraged me to explore books in genres outside of the ones I am naturally drawn to, such as expanding out to thrillers and cosy whimsical books. It is also the app where I host my own book club. My club is called Romance & Fantasy Book Coven; we switch between the two genres depending on what the majority of the club votes for.
What will this blog's discussions revolve around in the future?
Book reviews, life updates, cosy show discussions, baking, adaptations (book-to-screen), anticipated book releases, reading lists, and so much more.
Blog Wrap Up.
So that's some things about me, passions included. Thank you for taking the time to read this and get to know me as a new blogger. I am looking forward to exploring other areas of this blog with you all in the future. Hoping you find yourself just as much as I have in the little things. Wishing this could become somewhere for you to sit, relax and unwind from any stress that may be persisting in your life. Also, please feel free to leave suggestions of what you would like to read besides what I have mentioned.




The book that got me into reading was Scythe by Neil Shusterman!!!
ReplyDeleteI’ve not read the Scythe books but I have heard amazing things about it!
ReplyDeleteThe books that got me into reading as a kid were the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary. The book that brought me out out of my post grad reading hiatus was The Good Samaritan by John Maars. <3
ReplyDeleteAww thank you for sharing! Is so lovely hearing what books inspired and nurtured your love for reading xx
DeleteAwesome, loved the blog, my first adult style book was Watership Down π☕️π«π«ΆπΌππ§Ά
ReplyDeleteWatership Down is so good, it carries so many emotions!
DeleteLove these post and all the whimsy candle talk! Love candles myself?!
ReplyDeleteThe boom that got be into reading and books was a series called the boxcar children.
Then Judy bloom teenage year books
Then it was Nichole’s sparks. Lort that man needs to pay my therapy bills! Hahaha
Thank you for sharing! I truly love hearing all the books that brought everyone into reading!
Delete