How To Find The Soft Glows In Life Through Romanticising

Blog no. 3

A warm welcome back to the candlelight entries. Please light your candle of choice and settle down.

This Sunday, or the day you find the time to read this, I am going to offer some tips on how to romanticise your life. I personally need to do this more often, as social media and screens seem to be placed everywhere I turn, and I lose sight of the presence that comes with life.

You can either take these tips on board or just completely ignore them, whichever suits you best. I do not mind at all, as I am no expert and this is all just for fun. With the media overtaking our everyday lives, it is more important now than ever to reconnect with the beauty of life. 

Things to do to romanticise your life!

Sometimes we get caught up in the repetition that comes with life, and we just need a reminder to do something we love. Besides recommending lighting your candles, here is what else you could possibly do! 

Clean & Organise !!!! 

Okay, so I am not telling you to go clean your house to extensive lengths; I am just using it as a broader term. The first thing that can help you begin to get into the mood is either putting on fresh pyjamas or buying a new set. Something that will bring you comfort and help you relax after a long day of school or work. You can also do this with bed sheets, as there is nothing better than getting into bed with clean sheets. 

Tidy your personal space to add to the cleanliness. Set out some seasonal decor to add to the mood, while listening to a playlist. Anything that takes away from cleaning/reorganinsing being a chore and offers a new kind of motivation. One thing I recommend is capturing before and after photos, as they are incredibly rewarding. Essentially, focus on anything that will benefit your mindfulness.

Declutter things that no longer serve a purpose in your life, give them to charity, sell them or even upcycle them. Make sure everything about your home or bedroom eases you, not solidify the knot welling inside you. 

Nature !!!! 

Spend time outside. Whether it is walking in the rain, walking your dog, gardening, reading, or having a picnic with friends, even people watching, just get outside. It will also improve your mental health, especially when the weather turns colder and seasonal depression seeps in. 

You could also take pictures each time you go out and create a folder for each month; then, by the end of each month, you will have a whole nature-themed album to look back on. It will also add a little whimsy to your life. And who doesn't want that? 

Besides just being present in nature, you can also spend time giving back to the community. By volunteering to litter pick, plant something new, put up a bird feeder, anything that will provide aid to those creatures and insects that we share Earth with. 

Activities !!!!

As for activities. This can include anything literally. If you are stuck, I will list some that you can give a go!

⭐ Candle Painting               ⭐ Flower Pressing       ⭐ Paint/draw

⭐ Scrapbooking                   ⭐ Pottery Painting      ⭐ Anaylise a book

⭐ Make bookmarks            ⭐ Write anything        ⭐ Colour

⭐ Create a recipe book     ⭐ Create a playlist       ⭐ Exercise

Overall, just focus on something that you will 100% enjoy, with yourself, friends or family. It really does not have to be expensive, though some of the activity recommendations do lead to some purchases; others really can be done by using resources that you will have at home. 

One of my favourite things to do on an evening every now and again is set the mood with candles, fairy lights or a lamp, get comfortable in bed and put on a film. I tend to choose the film I watch based on the season, as it just magnifies that season's true romanticism. 

Blog Wrap Up. 

Thank you all for finding the time to read this blog. I really do appreciate it. Please also note there are many other things outside of what I have mentioned this Sunday to do to romanticise your life. I tried to keep it as broad and general as possible so I could cover at least something for everyone. If you have any ideas on what else can be done, please do not hesitate to comment, as I would love to hear them. Though I will advise one thing that I beg is universally a way to romanticise life for free, and that is always to find time to pause and take in the little things, for in the end they are what matter most of all. For example, your children playing together, the simplicity yet beauty of nature, the way the sun hugs your skin. Overall, romanticising is easily found within the little details that make up a day. If you can find them, then you have definitely accomplished something so great. 


Question: What is something you wish to romanticise more often?



Until the next wick burns low,

Esme-Rose xoxo





 


Comments

  1. my fav free thing to do (that i don't do enough) is to bask in the sun. the warmth feels so nice and makes my brain slow down for once!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment