Blog no. 5
A warm welcome back to the candlelight entries. Please light your candle of choice and settle down.This week, as we are edging closer to autumn, I began looking into recipes for meals and sweet treats that are better made during the coming season. Last year I did a few, but nowhere near enough as I should have. I am writing this blog to prompt myself further and to inspire you to try something new as well.
I find it is always easier to say, "Yes, I should do that," or "Oh, I want to do that," rather than to say "I am going to do that." We often fall into that habit too often, leading us to miss out on so many experiences. So whether it is baking or not, tell yourself you are going to do it and then actually make plans to do it. Otherwise, you might have missed your moment. That aside, please enjoy rummaging through the recipes I have discovered for us.
Autumnal Recipes!
Below you will find a mixture of meals to cook and sweet treats to bake. Please note that I am not claiming these recipes as mine. All links will be provided to the website that holds the recipes and the creators. To access the recipes, click on the writing coloured blue!
Dinner Recipes
Soups!
There are so many different varieties out there; you have to at least find one you love. Also, they are so easy to make; a lot of them consist of chopping vegetables, roasting them, then blending them into the soup consistency. Some of the recipes use pumpkins as a bowl to add to the flavour. Here are the many I found.
If you love pumpkin soup, why not use a pumpkin as a bowl!
Here are some other soups!
Stuffed Vegetables!
Stuffed vegetables are another way to cook that lets you get creative, with unlimited possibilities. There are so many recipes out there, so please feel free to go beyond what I have provided, as you can use sweet potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, and so much more. I will try my best to give as many as I can.
Pasta!
Pasta can get you through anything, plus it can adapt to fit each season if you wish it. But for today, I am going to pull some recipes that can fluctuate that autumnal cosy vibe we all crave. Hopefully you can find a new recipe to trial this coming autumn, which is a lot closer now with September right around the corner.
I'm sorry, I couldn't help but recommend a pumpkin pasta.
Okay, here are some others that may not be circling the internet too much these days.
Sweet Treat Recipes
Apple Pie!
There is nothing better than the scent of a homemade apple pie cooking in the oven on a cold autumn day. There are many recipes out there with different ingredient varieties, so I will provide a couple to choose from so you can find one that suits you best. If you aren't up for making the pastry from scratch, you can always buy some premade at your local store and go from there.
If you want a flakier crust, then check out this one:
Whereas if you are hoping for a lovely shortcrust, then this is the recipe for you:
Cinnamon Buns!
Is it really autumn if cinnamon isn't involved? I have seen a fair share of recipes centred on cinnamon buns/rolls, but these ones I found have taken it to the next level and, without a doubt, will be cooking in my kitchen this autumn. They all look so fun.
Blog Wrap Up.
Thank you all for clicking and reading through this week's blog. It genuinely means a lot to me. I truly hope you found at least one recipe to give a go, or if not, that I have inspired you to find one on your own. Please let me know in the comments how it goes. I know I will definitely be exploring these recipes this coming autumn. The weather for me is finally starting to feel like it, giving a much-needed break from the persistent heatwaves. Wherever you are, stay safe, and enjoy finding time to get into the kitchen and create something new before the seasons have changed and you miss your chance.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)

.jpeg)

oh these all look so delicious! i am so craving tomato soup now ^-^
ReplyDelete